IP intercom is a new type of intercom that can perform more functions than just talking to the visitor and opening the door. In addition to everything, it has the option of remote control of the system. The relationship between the elements of the house system is carried out using the SIP protocol, which is designed to transmit information (sound, video) to an IP phone, computer, and smartphone. What is the principle of operation of this type of intercom system, as well as what advantages and disadvantages can be distinguished from it?
The popularity of IP intercoms is associated primarily with such points as:
• Scalability. Quite often, the client in the course of equipment operation has new needs, as well as tasks;
• Easy to set up. All settings are performed on the principle of a local network;
• There is no limit on the number of subscribers. This is especially true for large residential complexes;
• Remote maintenance or monitoring. This will be of particular interest to both the user and the service organization;
• Image quality;
• Integration with any systems. This type of intercom can be combined with ACS and video surveillance. As a result, the police can get all the necessary statistics with pictures in a timely manner;
• Service. We are not talking about the fact that this type of equipment does not need maintenance at all. It also needs to be repaired, like any other equipment. If you take analog service, then field workers spend a lot of time finding the problem. In an IP intercom, everything is much more transparent – a malfunction is visible immediately after connecting to the server.
AREA OF USE
The scope of the IP intercom is somewhat different from the traditional one for such equipment. To use it, you need to have a local network on the site. Many functions of the equipment are not used by ordinary subscribers, therefore this type of device is quite often used in private cottages, apartment buildings, office buildings, and also villages. IP intercom provides a unique opportunity to differentiate the level of access to executive devices. For example, the right to control the front door lock can be distributed to several subscribers.
For a given period of time, manufacturers produce an IP intercom, which can be distributed according to criteria such as:
• Number of connected subscribers (number of button on-call panels);
• Method of data transmission. You can select a connection via Wi-Fi, via cable, or combined;
• Constructive solution of the control panel, for example, screen size, presence of memory modules, push-button/touch control;
• IP intercom consists of devices such as PC, smartphone, power supply, switch, tablet, router.
If you are building a commercial or residential facility with complex network architecture, an IP intercom is the best choice.